I wrote a small nodejs utility 2 years ago. It basically watches a folder of LESS files and auto-compiles them into CSS files when changes are made. Since I posted this, usage of this utility picked up. Many users have sent some feedback to me on github but I hadn’t have time to resolve them until now So yesterday, I worked this and made some major improvements.
Here is a list of updates:
- Fixed the bug where subfolder changes are not detected
- Externalized configurations in json
- Introduced project-based JSON configuation files
- Refactored the code
- Added Mocha unit tests
- Added pcakage information for npm
- Posted project to npm
If you’d like to check it out, here are links to my project:
- Github – https://github.com/jonycheung/deadsimple-less-watch-compiler
- npm package – https://www.npmjs.com/package/less-watch-compiler
Please feel free to contribute to this project.